Lead Digital Content Strategist
The Lead Digital Content Strategist will lead engagements with other state agencies, gathering user and organizational insights to develop and execute service-forward strategic content plans. Responsibilities include:
- Close collaboration with project managers and the UX team on content and information architecture projects with state agencies.
- Developing content strategy based on website analytics and public-sector best practices.
- Managing content on Georgia.gov, the state’s flagship website, and the Digital Services Georgia website and related social media accounts. This includes research and reporting, plain-language writing and editing content, blogging and building presentations.
- Establish or update content portions of Georgia’s Digital Standards and Guidelines.
- Assist the DSGa team’s overall mission by leading training classes and addressing support tickets submitted by clients of GovHub, Georgia’s Drupal-based content management system.
- MS Outlook
- Google Drive
- Drupal CMS
Required Skills / Experience
- 4+ years experience working in web content development, preferably with a journalism, consulting or digital agency background.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Creative idea generator and problem solver with a heart for public service.
- Advanced ability to understand new technologies, specifically in the realm of web development.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills working with both internal and client teams at all levels.
- Excellent time management skills; able to work on a schedule and under pressure.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic attitude to learn different skills and help out wherever is needed.
- Ability to multi-task and work on different tasks each day.